Labour Market update - November Learning and Work briefing
Submitted by Paul.Bivand on Wed, 16/11/2016 - 2:09pm
- Unemployment is 1,604,000, down 52,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 37,000) and the unemployment rate is 4.8%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month and down 0.1 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 803,300, up 9,800 on last month, and the claimant rate is 2.3%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,022,000, up 1,000 on the quarter, representing 14.2% of the youth population (up 0.1 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 591,000, down 36,000 on the quarter.
- There are 2.1 unemployed people per vacancy. Learning and Work Institute estimates this figure may rise next month.
- The employment rate is 74.5% (no change on last month’s published figure and no change on the preferred quarterly measure).
And on the Learning and Work website