Labour Market Information Co-ordinator
Full-time (12 month contract)
National Careers Service West Midlands
Job Purpose: To research, disseminate and deliver high quality labour market information for the National Careers Service
Line Manager: Partnership Manager
DBS Disclosure: Enhanced
Salary: £25,000 (Dependant on experience)
To comply with and understand Prospects safeguarding policy and procedures and take action as appropriate in relation to children and vulnerable groups regarding matters of safety, protection and wellbeing.
- Use different methods and sources to research local, regional and national Labour Market Information (LMI) for use by the National Careers Service West Midlands.
- Responsible for providing written information on the local, regional and national labour market for use in diverse communication formats used by Advisers, sub-contractors, schools and colleges and other partners e.g. newsletters and e-bulletins.
- Responsible for dissemination and delivery of LMI via a range of methods e.g. webinars, flyers, workshops, conferences.
- Responsible for populating and updating LMI on appropriate websites.
- Support the design, production and dissemination of LMI materials and resources for Advisers, teachers, schools, colleges, partners and parents.
- Provide LMI support for the Inspiration Agenda in schools and colleges and in custody and community contract activities as required.
- Update the Prospects CRM with relevant contact details and other information as required.
- Provide labour market data for reports, proposals, publications and resources.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s equalities and diversity policy.
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively to manage a demanding workload
- Knowledge and understanding of Labour Market information sources e.g. NOMIS
- Good attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of social media e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn
- Ability to use a variety of computerised administrative systems, including MS Excel and Word, as well as confidence in the use of databases.
- Flexible and adaptable, self-motivated with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative in a demanding environment.
- Able to work flexible hours as and when required.
- An understanding of and commitment to promoting quality and diversity
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO: karen [dot] sellars [at] prospects [dot] co [dot] uk
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23.02.2017