Employer Engagement Manager
Full-time (12 month contract)
National Careers Service - West Midlands
Job Purpose: To lead on employer engagement to support the West Midlands National Careers Service contract
Line Manager: Regional Manager
CRB Disclosure: Enhanced
To lead on employer engagement to support the delivery of the National Careers Service contract across the West Midlands to ensure that young people and adult customers achieve the best possible outcomes to progress into work, training or education; are inspired and motivated by employer contacts and employers achieve a high quality service to support their skills and employment needs.
- Lead on employer engagement activities across the National Careers Service contract area (Birmingham and Solihull, Black Country, Coventry and Warwickshire, Worcestershire and the Marches LEP areas) to support the delivery and achievement of work with adults in the community, activities in the in-custody Inspiration Plan and the Inspire West Midlands Plan of activities with schools and colleges, agreed with the Skills Funding Agency
- Manage a team of Employer Engagement Co-ordinators to ensure that engagement activities with employers including networking, visits, phone contact, e-mail contact and marketing take place to support customer progression and inspiration activities in-custody and with schools and colleges.
- Ensure that the package of services available to employers through the Service, to benefit employer skills and recruitment needs, is promoted and implemented.
- Be instrumental in supporting the service’s jobs and training targets by ensuring that jobs, apprenticeships and training opportunities for customer groups are secured and disseminated through appropriate media to Advisers supporting customers into work.
- Make contact and work with the five Chambers of Commerce across the region to promote the Service and secure employer support for all elements of the contract.
- Work collaboratively with the ‘Employer Task Force’ involving DWP colleagues and others to carry out project work and initiatives to support customers’ progression.
- Organise employer engagement events to enlist the support of employers with activities being carried out by the Service.
- Ensure that the company’s Client Relationship Management system (CRM) is maintained and updated with employer contacts.
- Lead internal employer meetings and represent the company at external meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Actively promote equality and diversity; recognise and actively challenge stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination ensuring that these principles permeate all working practices.
- Other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Experience of working with adults and young people and understanding the barriers facing young people and unemployed adults desirable.
- Knowledge of education, employment and training fields desirable.
- Ability to achieve targets and manage conflicting pressures and deadlines.
- Ability to use ICT.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare data and present reports.
- Able to work flexibly including some evenings and Saturdays.
- Car user essential.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- Understanding of and commitment to implementing equal opportunities in all aspects of work and commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO: karen [dot] sellars [at] prospects [dot] co [dot] uk
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23.02.2017