Full-time (12 month contract)
National Careers Service - West Midlands
Job Purpose: To provide administrative support to the National Careers Service Inspiration / Partnership Team working across the West Midlands area.
Line Manager: Partnership Manager
DBS Disclosure: Enhanced
To comply with, understand Prospects Safeguarding Policy and procedures, and take action as appropriate in relation to children and vulnerable groups regarding matters of safety, protection and wellbeing. Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
- Accountable to the Partnership Manager for administrative support of the Inspiration /Partnership Team involved in the organisation of Inspiration Agenda events in schools, colleges and the community and administration associated with the team’s management of partnerships and stakeholder relationships across the National Careers Service West Midlands contract area (Birmingham and Solihull, Black Country, Coventry and Warwickshire, Worcestershire and the Marches)
- Provision of administrative support to the Partnership Manager and members of the Inspiration/Partnership Team.
- Provision of administrative support for conferences, newsletters/e-bulletins, internal management partnership updates, events and activities as required to include booking venues, inviting contributors, generating event paperwork and evaluation activities
- Support the Inspiration/Partnership team in maintaining key school, college and employer contacts on the internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and undertake day to day administrative duties associated with updating the system.
- Act as a point of contact for enquires for the Inspiration/Partnership team, including liaison with other Prospects managers; external partners and the Skills Funding Agency
- Use of IT systems including Sage, Microsoft Office, and Prospects’ CRM system
- Support the Partnership Manager and team in producing case studies, internal and external reports and papers
- Arrange and minute Inspiration/Partnership Team meetings and other meetings related to team delivery activities
- Ensure that finances associated with events, activities and resources are recorded and kept up to date
- Undertake a wide variety of clerical and administrative tasks to support the work of the Inspiration/Partnership team
- Ensure adherence to the company’s equalities and diversity policy.
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent administrative skills and with experience of working within a very busy office environment.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals and groups, externally and internally.
- Able to represent the company and establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate in writing, ensuring attention to detail
- Able to contribute to the writing and production of bulletins and newsletters
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own work to meet deadlines and targets
- Willing to undertake professional training to maintain standards
- Understanding of and commitment to implementing equal opportunities in all aspects of work and commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- Prepared to travel within the West Midlands region
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO: karen [dot] sellars [at] prospects [dot] co [dot] uk
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23.02.2017